SIM808 module is a GSM/GPS/BT three-in-one function module. It is based on the latest GSM/GPS/BT module SIM808 from SIMCOM, supports GSM/GPRS Quad-Band network and combines GPS technology for satellite navigation. It has high GPS receive sensitivity with 22 tracking and 66 acquisition receiver channels. Besides, it supports A-GPS that available for indoor localization， and it also supports for Bluetooth 3.0.
The module is controlled by AT command via UART and supports 3.3V and 5V logical level.
This shield is built to directly work with Arduino
- M2M (Machine 2 Machine) Application – To transfer control data using SMS or GPRS between two machines located at two different factories.
- Remote control of appliances – Send SMS while you are at your office to turn on or off your washing machine at home.
- Remote Weather station or a Wireless Sensor Network – Make it with [Crowduino v1.0|Crowduino v1.0] and create a sensor node capable of transferring sensor data (like from a weather station – temperature, humidity, etc.) to a web server
- Vehicle Tracking System – Install GPRS+GSM+GPS Shield in your car and publish your location live on the internet. Can be used as an automotive burglar alarm.
- Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- GPRS multi-slot class12 connectivity: max. 85.6kbps(down-load/up-load)
- GPRS mobile station class B
- Controlled by AT Command (3GPP TS 27.007, 27.005 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands)
- Supports charging control for Li-Ion battery
- Supports Real-Time Clock
- Integrated GPS/CNSS and supports A-GPS
- Low power consumption, 10mA in sleep mode
- Supports GPS NMEA protocol
- AT command operation, can support SMS, phone, GPRS data, GPS data is automatically output, embedded TCP protocol to support transparent mode and command mode, supports HTTP protocol to support DTMF decoding, support MMS, support recording function, etc.
- Standard Micro SIM Card.
Power supply – Vin connected to external 5~9VDC power supply
Antenna interface – connected to external antenna
Serial port select – select either software serial port or hareware serial port to be connected to GPRS+GSM+GPS Shield Shield
Hardware Serial – D0/D1 of Arduino/Crowduino
Software serial – D7/D8 of Arduino/Crowduino
Status LED – tell whether the power of SIM808 is on
Net light – tell the status about SIM808 linking to the net
1PPS – tell the status about SIM808 get the location
UART of SIM808 – UART pins breakout of SIM808
Microphone – to answer the phone call
Speaker – to answer the phone call
GPIO,PWM and ADC of SIM808 – GPIO,PWM and ADC pins breakout of SIM808
Power key – power up and down for SIM808
- Make sure your SIM card is unlocked.
- The product is provided as is without an insulating enclosure. Please observe ESD precautions especially in dry (low humidity) weather.
- The factory default setting for the GPRS Shield UART is autoloading. It supports baud rate from 1200 bps to 115200bps. (Can be changed using AT commands).
Pins usage on Arduino:
D0 – Unused if you select hardware serial port to communicate with GPRS+GSM+GPS Shield
D1 – Unused if you select hardware serial port to communicate with GPRS+GSM+GPS Shield
D2 – Unused
D3 – Unused
D4 – Unused
D5 – Unused
D6 – Unused
D7 – Used if you select software serial port to communicate with GPRS+GSM+GPS Shield
D8 – Used if you select software serial port to communicate with GPRS+GSM+GPS Shield
D9 – Used for software control the power up or down of the SIM808
D10 – Unused
D11 – Unused
D12 – Unused
D13 – Unused
D14(A0) – Unused
D15(A1) – Unused
D16(A2) – Unused
D17(A3) – Unused
D18(A4) – Unused
D19(A5) – Unused
|Input Voltage (Volt)||5V|
|Input current (min)||2A|
|Operating Voltage (V)||5|
|Accuracy (meter)||Approx. 2.5|
|Dimensions (mm)||80 x 50 x 14|
|Shipment Weight||0.05 kg|
|Shipment Dimensions||10 × 6 × 2 cm|
- SIM808 GPRS/GSM+GPS Shield v1.1
- SIM800 Series AT Command Manual V1.05
- SIM800 Series AT Command Manual V1.09
- SIM900 Series GNSS Application Note V1.00
- SIM808_Hardware Design_V1.02
1 x SIM808 GPRS/GSM+GPS Shield