The Sharp distance sensors are a popular choice for many projects that require accurate distance measurements. This IR sensor is more economical than sonar rangefinders, yet it provides much better performance than other IR alternatives.
Interfacing to most microcontrollers is straightforward: the single analog output can be connected to an analog-to-digital converter for taking distance measurements, or the output can be connected to a comparator for threshold detection. The detection range of this version is approximately 20 cm to 150 cm (8″ to 60″).
The GP2Y0A02 uses a 3-pin JST PH connector that works with our 3-pin JST PH cables for Sharp distance sensors (not included) the top picture on the right shows a shorter-range Sharp analog Distance sensor with one of these cables.
These cables have 3-pin JST connectors on one end and are available with pre-crimped male pins, pre-crimped female pins, and with unterminated wires on the other end.
Note: This sensor draws current in large, short bursts, and the manufacturer recommends putting a 10 µF capacitor or larger across power and ground close to the sensor to stabilize the power supply line
- Distance measuring range: 20 to 150 cm
- Analog output type
- Consumption current : Typ. 33 mA
- Supply voltage : 4.5 to 5.5 V
- Long-distance type (bigger size).
- Analog output.
- Good Alternative to Sonar Sensors.
- This item comes with a JST connector and wires
- Touch-less switch (Sanitary equipment, Control of illumination, etc. )
- Sensor for energy saving (ATM, Copier, Vending machine, Laptop computer, LCD monitor)
- Amusement equipment (Robot, Arcade game machine)
|Model||GP2Y0A02YK0F (20 to 150 cm)|
|Operating Voltage (VDC)||4.5 ~ 5.5|
|Distance measuring range (cm)||20 ~ 150|
|Shipment Weight||0.01 kg|
|Shipment Dimensions||5 × 5 × 3 cm|
Package Includes :
1 x Sharp Distance Measuring Sensor unit 20 to 150 cm.
1 x Connecting Cable.