mDrawBot is the world’s most fully-featured four-in-one drawing robot. It can be assembled into 4 different configurations: mScara, mSpider, mEggBot, and mCar. This kit consists of over 60 components from Makeblock, including beams, brackets, motor, etc. It also comes with a specially-designed software named mDraw to control these robots.
- mScara: mScara is a SCARA (Selective Compliance Articulated Robot Arm) driven by stepper motors. Adding a pen on mScara, it can draw pictures on a flat surface. You can also turn mScara into a desktop laser engraver replacing the pen with a laser diode.
- mSpider: mSpider is a drawing robot which can draw pictures on a wall or a white board. Two stepper motors control the movement of mSpider though strings. Theoretically, its drawing range can be expanded by increasing the length of the strings.
- mEggBot: mEggBot is designed to draw on things that are improbable to print on, such as eggs or ping-pong balls. It can be used to write letters, draw expressions on spheroid, or draw Easter eggs.
- mCar: mCar is a three-wheel robot car, which contains two stepper-motor-drive wheels and a ball-caster wheel. It can draw its own movement tracks on flat surface. Installing a chalk instead of a pen, it can draw on the floor.
- Frame: Anodized Aluminum
- Software: mDraw
- Connection: USB or Bluetooth
- Supported File Types: .Plain SVG, .BMP etc.
- Supported OS: Windows7 or later, Mac OS X
How to Use mDrawBot ?
Each mDrawBot kit can be assembled into any of the 4 different configurations. We provide the detailed assembling instructions and you can build any configuration in an hour. The assembly instructions can be downloaded here: https://github.com/Makeblock-official/mDrawBot.
After installing the mDraw software, you can import images and make the robot draw them. mDraw is a powerful software designed for mDrawBot. Here are some features:
- Support mScara, mSpider, mEggBot, mCar, XY
- Support both pen drawing and laser engraving
- Support custom settings of motor direction, drawing range, etc
- Support saving parameters Support SVG. file
- Support conversion from BMP to SVG
- Support zooming, rotating, mirroring, and moving the SVG graphics
- Support Windows7 or later. (Will be available in Mac OS X, Linux soon.)
- mDraw is an open source project hosted on Github.
|Input Voltage||AC 100-240 V|
|Output Voltage||DC 12V, 2.0A|
|Working Area: mScara||120° of an annulus (exradius 208mm, inradius 168mm)|
|Working Area: mSpider||Undefined|
|Working Area: mEggbot||Cylinder with L×D=60×（10-60）|
|Working Area: mCar||Undefined|
|Main Controller:||Makeblock Orion (Arduino UNO compatible)|
|Shipment Weight||2.715 kg|
|Shipment Dimensions||18 × 16 × 6 cm|
- Github Repository
- Github Repository
- Seedstudio mDrawBot: 4-in-1 Drawing Robot
- Official Product Page
- PDF Manual
- Instruction Guide
1 x mDrawbot kit