The Honeywell HMC5983 is a temperature compensated three-axis integrated circuit e-compass. This surface-mount, multi-chip module is designed for low-field magnetic sensing for applications such as mobile phones, tablets, netbooks, consumer electronics, automotive navigation systems, and personal navigation devices.
The HMC5983 includes our state-of-the-art, high-resolution HMC118X series magnetoresistive sensors plus an ASIC containing amplification, automatic degaussing strap drivers, offset cancellation, and a 12-bit ADC that enables 1° to 2° compass heading accuracy. The I²C or SPI serial bus allows for easy interface.
The HMC5983 is a 3.0×3.0x0.9mm surface mount 16-pin leadless chip carrier (LCC). The HMC5983 utilizes Honeywell’s Anisotropic Magnetoresistive (AMR) technology that provides advantages over other magnetic sensor technologies. Honeywell’s anisotropic, directional sensors excel in linearity, low hysteresis, null output and scale factor stability over temperature, and with very low cross-axis sensitivity. These sensors’ solid-state construction is designed to measure both the direction and the magnitude of magnetic fields, from milli-gauss to 8 gauss. Honeywell’s Magnetic Sensors are among the most sensitive and reliable low-field sensors in the industry.
- Small size for Highly Integrated Products. Just add a microcontroller interface, plus two external SMT Capacitors designed for high volume, cost sensitive OEM Designs. Easy to assemble & compatible with High Speed SMT Assembly.
- Automatically maintains sensor’s sensitivity under wide operating temperature range
- Maximizes sensor’s full dynamic range and resolution
- Enables 1° to 2° degree compass heading accuracy
- High-speed interfaces for fast data communications. I²C up to 3.4 mHz and SPI up to 8.0 mHz
- Enables Pedestrian Navigation and LBS Applications
- Enables low-cost functionality test after assembly in production
- Immersion Gold Process gilded Pin interference
- HMC5983 high-precision triaxial compass magnetic field sensor with temperature compensation
- Means of communication: IIC / SPI optional
- Power supply: DC3-5V
- With temperature compensation data output
- Automatic offset compensation
- Maximum 220HZ output frequency
- Heading angle accuracy of 1-2 degrees.
- PCB size: 15mm * 24mm
|Operating Voltage (VDC)||3 ~ 5|
|Shipment Weight||0.01 kg|
|Shipment Dimensions||3.5 × 3 × 1.5 cm|
Package Includes :
1 x Honeywell HMC5983 Temperature Compensated Three-Axis Digital Compass