The MAX30105 is an integrated particle-sensing module. It includes internal LEDs, photodetectors, optical elements, and low-noise electronics with ambient light rejection. The MAX30105 provides a complete system solution to ease the design-in process of smoke detection applications including fire alarms. Due to its extremely small size, the MAX30105 can also be used as a smoke detection senor for mobile and wearable devices. The MAX30105 operates on a single 1.8V power supply and a separate 5.0V power supply for the internal LEDs. It communicates through a standard I 2 C-compatible inter- face. The module can be shut down through software with zero standby current, allowing the power rails to remain powered at all times.
This sensor has three LEDs—green, red, and infra-red—and photodetectors that can be used together to detect the amount of light reflected back to the sensor. A technique called photoplethysmography (PPG) can be used to detect the change in color of your skin with each beat of your heart when the sensor is pressed against your fingertip.
Note: This sensor should not be used for medical diagnosis, as the basis for a real smoke or fire detector, or in life-critical situations. It’s for fun/novelty use only, so bear that in mind while using it.
- Pulse Oximeter
- Fire Alarms
- Smoke Detectors for Building Automation
- Smoke Detectors for Mobile Devices
- Smoke Detectors for Wearable Devices
- High Sensitivity Optical Reflective Solution for Detection of Wide Variety of Particle Sizes
- Tiny 5.6mm x 3.3mm x 1.55mm 14-Pin Optical Module
- Integrated Cover Glass for Optimal, Robust Performance
- Ultra-Low Power Operation
- Programmable Sample Rate and LED Current for Power Savings
- Ultra-Low Shutdown Current (0.7µA, typ) Robust Motion Artifact Resilience
- High SNR
- -40°C to +85°C Operating Temperature Range
- Capable of Operating at High Ambient Levels
- Excellent Ambient Rejection Capability
- MAX30105 – heart rate, oximeter, smoke sensor
- Green, red, and infra-red LEDs
- Ambient light rejection
- Temperature sensor
- I2C interface (address 0x57)
- 3.3V or 5V compatible
- Reverse polarity protection
- Compatible with all models of Raspberry Pi, and Arduino
|Operating Voltage (VDC)||5|
|Compatible With||All Models of Raspberry Pi and Arduino|
|Shipment Weight||0.015 kg|
|Shipment Dimensions||6× 5 × 2 cm|
1 x Breakout Heart rate, Oximeter, smoke sensor.
1 x 5 Pin male header
1 x 5 Pin female right-angle header