The 5A range Current Sensor Module ACS712 consists of a precise, low-offset, linear Hall circuit with a copper conduction path located near the surface of the die. Applied current flowing through this copper conduction path generates a magnetic field in which the Hall IC converts into a proportional voltage.
Sensing and controlling current flow is a fundamental requirement in a wide variety of applications including, over-current protection circuits, battery chargers, switching mode power supplies, digital watt meters, programmable current sources, etc.
This ACS721 current module is based on the ACS712 sensor, which can accurately detect AC or DC current.
The maximum AC or DC that can be detected can reach 5A, and the present current signal can be read via analog I / O port of Arduino.
ACS712 is based on the Hall detection principle, please try to avoid the magnetic field, when using it as it may impact the reading accuracy.
- The low-noise analog signal path
- Device bandwidth is set via the new FILTER pin
- 5 µs output rise time in response to step input current
- Small footprint, low-profile SOIC8 package
- 2.1 kV RMS minimum isolation voltage from pins 1-4 to pins 5-8
- 5.0 V, single-supply operation
- 66 to 185 mV/A output sensitivity
- Output voltage proportional to AC or DC currents
- Factory-trimmed for accuracy
- Extremely stable output offset voltage
- Nearly zero magnetic hysteresis
- The radiometric output from the supply voltage.
|Current sensor chip||ACS712ELC-5A|
|Operating Voltage (V)||4.5V ~ 5.5V DC|
|Measure Current Range||-5 ~ +5A|
|Shipment Weight||0.01 kg|
|Shipment Dimensions||4 × 2 × 2 cm|
Package Includes :
1 x Current Sensor ACS712-5A